NuShield is a bioresorbable protective sheet that can be utilized for the protection of tendons after repair. The bioresorbable membrane minimizes soft tissue attachment. It also has anti-inflammatory properties. It acts as a natural scaffolding for cellular migration.
|NuShield may be wrapped and/or sutured around the tendon to protect and support them from soft tissue which may alter them.|
Amniotic Tissues are Unique
Studies suggest that tissues from the amnion are by nature anti-inflammatory, anti-adhesive, anti-scarring and anti-microbial. NuShield, through proprietary processing techniques provides surgeons and patients the ability to take advantage of these properties for orthopedic applications.
|NuShield may be used as an on lay graft to protect tendons and nerves from surrounding soft tissues which may attach to them.|
- Patent-pending Purion Process
- Processed following strict FDA and AATB guidelines
- NuShield is a terminally sterilized graft
|NuShield is a terminally sterilized graft. Embossment allows for correct orientation.|
- Direct application to target tissue and hydrated in place
- Can be cut to size while dry
- Room temperature storage on the shelf
- Can be sutured into place
NuShield is a bioresorbable sheet that can provide a barrier of protection for
tendons and nerves. NuShield can aid in the healing process.